Pacific Northwest Treasures

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Helping Others Can Enrich Your Life TOO!

Early winter morning from my window.

Life is a journey we can enjoy or strive against, taking the time to look around and admire the beauty around us can be hard in today's world of technology.  Are you looking?  Can you see it? Is what you are doing meaningful to yourself and others?  Are you alive in this world, or alive only online?  

Sure there are good and bad days but our attitude and perspective color the lens.  If we look at what we have instead of what we don't, we can have more gratitude.  If we give instead of take, we can feel helpful and needed.

Driving down the road the other I saw an old man sitting on his scooter waiting for the bus, on his smartphone, and did a double take.

When I look around at people these days, none seem to be looking up or around, they are all connected to their phones or other devices, going through life with their head down and crouched over a device.

Winter evening from my back slider door.

In this journey through wellness I had the opportunity to meet someone who needed and wanted to venture into nature more, however current circumstances prevented her from doing so. Declaring that it would be a pleasure to help I started taking pictures and posting them to Facebook to help.  

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
Columbia River at twilight, Washougal, Washington.
Taking the time everywhere I went, looking for beautiful glimpses to take and share with her literally took my breath away.  My life slowed down around me, letting me realize truly how beautiful and amazing this world is all around us.  So thank you my friend, for you helped me far more than you realize.

1 comment: